This Dark Chocolate Pudding made with 100% Cacao is rich, creamy and guilt free! It is simple to make, using only a blender and 5 natural ingredients, including 100% cacao and all of the health benefits that come along with it!
Benefits of Cacao: Chocolate the Superfood
You always hear that chocolate is good for you- but is it really? I’m not a nutritionist but I have to say that chocolate filled with tons of sugar, milk fat and a little bit of cocoa powder is not good for you. 100% chocolate on the other hand, that’s a different story. Though cocoa and cacao powder are from the same bean, cocoa powder is processed at high temperatures which has a way of reducing the overall nutritional value. Cacao on the other hand is a raw form of the bean and carries over the maximum amount of health benefits.
The health benefits can be found in the whole cacao bean, which also includes the fat (ie. cacao butter). This is why in this recipe I use 100% chocolate and not just powder. If you’re wanting to find 100% chocolate- look in the baking section at the store for a 100% Cacao Unsweetened Baking Bar. This is what I use. Some of the health benefits of cacao include:
- High in antioxidants- helping you look younger longer!
- Improves heart health, helping reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease
- Aids in lowering blood pressure and blood sugar
- Offers protection from disease causing free radicals- meaning it helps your body to guard against toxins and damage
- Helps to have better cognitive function, including better focus and memory
Notes: Dark Chocolate Pudding
This Dark Chocolate Pudding is not made in the traditional way, but that allows it to have the maximum amount of health benefits. It is made in the blender and the preparation stage is much faster than traditional! Once you’ve blended the pudding mixture, it will take just a couple of hours until it gets a regular pudding consistency.
I make my Dark Chocolate Pudding in this Vitamix, which is my favorite brand of high speed blender. If you don’t have a high speed blender this recipe should still work, it will just take longer to get it blended into a completely smooth mixture.
Shop this recipe
I would love to know what you think of this Dark Chocolate Pudding made with 100% Cacao! Please share comments and pictures of how it turns out for you! Happy cooking, friends!
- 1½ cups Unsweetened Almond Milk
- ½ cup Dates
- 2 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- ¼ cup Maple Syrup, Agave or honey
- 4 oz 100% Cacao Baking Chocolate, melted
- Place dates and 1 cup almond milk in blender and blend until dates are completely blended in- mixture should be smooth. Next, add in the remaining milk, chia seeds and agave. Blend until smooth. If pieces get on the side, scrape them down and blend in.
- In a bowl, break up the cacao and microwave for 1-1½ minutes until melted, stirring often to make sure it doesn’t burn. Once melted, add to the blended mixture until all combined.
- Pour the pudding into small ramekins or bowls. I split mine into 5 servings but 4 or 6 would also be good serving sizes. Place in the refrigerator for at least 4-5 hours to let firm up.
*This post contains affiliate links, which allows me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Cook up Love!
I make this so often and love love love it! I alway add 1 tsp. or so of vanilla, it adds some depth of flavor. Thank you for this recipe!
I’ve made this 5-6 times already and I love it so much! I add a teaspoon or so of vanilla extract, just bc I like it 🙂
Do you have the nutritional information for this recipe? I’m wondering how much sugars it would contain in a serving. Thanks!
This is a delicious and healthy dessert! Thanks for the recipe.