Sweet, nutty, decadent & delicious..friends you will love these Trail Mix Bars!
They’re a savory mixture of pumpkin seeds, slivered almonds, oats and dried fruit mixed into a decadent mixture of creamed dates, maple syrup, almond butter and vanilla. Trail Mix Bars are the perfect homemade on-the-go snack since they’re high in protein & fiber and will stick with you for a few hours. They’re also a great alternative to store bought bars because they’re made with only clean ingredients and no preservatives!
Notes & Substitutions
These Homemade Trail Mix Bars make a great on-the-go breakfast, pre- or post- workout snack or regular snack!
Pumpkin Seeds, Sliced Almonds & Dried Cranberries: This is the main “trail mix” part of the bars. I suggest using 1/2 cup dried fruit and 2/3 cup nuts/seeds mixture. You can use any variation of nuts, seeds and dried fruit as you want! Some good substitutes are: sunflower seeds, peanuts, cashews, pecans, chocolate chips, dried blueberries or cherries.
Almond Butter: Peanut, cashew and sunflower butters would all be great substitutes for almond butter!
I would love to know what you think of these Trail Mix Bars! Please share comments and pictures of how it turns out for you! Happy cooking, friends!
- In a food processor, process the dates until mixed into a creamy mixture. It's ok if there are some small chunks left. Next, add in the almond butter, maple syrup and vanilla and process until a smooth mixture.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the oats, pumpkin seeds, almonds and dried cranberries until combined.
- Add the date mixture to the dry mixture and stir until completely combined. Since the date mixture is so thick it may take a few minutes.
- Line an 8x8 in dish with parchment paper and place the mixture in it. Press down until the mixture is flattened. Place in the fridge for at least 10-15 minutes and then cut into 12 bars. (When the bars are cold they are much less sticky and easier to handle.)
- Keep bars refrigerated until ready to eat. Enjoy!
*This post contains affiliate links, which allows me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Cook up Love!