This Iced Peppermint Tea Latte is a must in the warm summer months! The recipe is adapted from my regular Peppermint Tea Latte that received many positive reviews last winter. It is delicious and worth making in bulk to have in the fridge because I promise you will want more than one glass of it! 😉
Peppermint tea is full of many healthy benefits. It has antimicrobial properties and is a popular form of medicinal treatment. It helps improve digestion, reduce fever, prevent nausea & vomiting, treat respiratory disorders, boost immunity, and with weight loss and bad breath.
Raw cacao is more beneficial than regular cocoa powder for multiple reasons. They look the same but raw cacao has not been roasted at high temperatures like cocoa powder has. The roasting process has a way of reducing the overall nutritional value. Some of the health benefits of raw cacao powder are that it helps reduce insulin resistance and blood pressure, protects your nervous system, boosts your mood and is rich in minerals. You can read more about the difference between the two here.
I would love to know what you think of this recipe!! Please share comments and pictures of how it turns out for you! Happy cooking, friends!
- 1½ cups plain, unsweetened almond or cashew milk*
- 1 peppermint tea bag
- 1 tsp raw cacao powder
- 2 tsp maple syrup or agave
- 3-5 ice cubes for serving
- Heat your milk until it is boiling (or close to it) and then steep the tea for 5-6 minutes. When finished, squeeze the tea bag to get all of the extra flavor out before discarding.
- In a small bowl, combine the cocao and sweetener until it forms a smooth syrup.
- Add the syrup to the steeped tea and stir. Place in the fridge for at least 4 hours to cool.
- Serve with or without ice and enjoy!
Do we use cacoa or cocoa powder?