Behold this quick, easy & delicious Black Bean and Corn Salad!
The ingredients are simple and take only 10 minutes to put together! This salad is one that my mom made often when I was growing up. We mainly had it when we would grill out in the summers, at potlucks and we have it at get togethers still to this day! It never gets old and everyone always raves about it!
This salad is perfect to serve in the summer time and can be served in so many ways! Here are some suggestions:
- as an appetizer served with chips
- as a side when grilling out
- served over fresh fajitas or tacos
- bring as a side salad at pot lucks
- served over grilled or baked chicken
This salad is a versatile and perfect go-to recipe to have on hand! It’s a mixture of black beans, corn, purple onion, cilantro, avocado and lime juice.
I would love to know what you think!! Please share comments and pictures of how it turns out for you! Happy cooking, friends!
- 2 15 oz. cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz. can corn, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup purple onion, finely chopped (you can add more for an extra strong onion flavor!)
- 2 limes, juiced (~4 Tbsp juice)
- 1 avocado, diced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro + extra for garnish if desired
- ¼ tsp salt
- Rinse and drain the black beans and corn. Gently pat dry and place in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Chop up the onion and cilantro and then gently fold into the mixture. next, drizzle the lime juice and salt over the mixture and combine in. You should be careful not to mash up the black beans when mixing.
- When ready to serve, dice the avocado and fold into the salad! Serve immediately and enjoy 🙂
So delicious and nutritious!