CANDY! That’s what these Nutty Caramel Bars are! Oooey goooey caramel yumminess.
A layer of sweet nuttiness slathered in date caramel covered with nuts and then drizzled with chocolate…dessert doesn’t get much better than this my friends!
This recipe is also naturally sweetened, gluten free, paleo, raw & plant based!
… decadent, sweet & so irresistable! Are you drooling yet!?
These are perfect to take to any party or get together. They would also be great served at home as dessert with some vanilla ice cream on top!
I topped half of mine with pecans and half with walnuts. They are both so good I can’t choose a favorite- so you can’t go wrong!
I would love to know what you think!! Please share comments and pictures of how it turns out for you! Happy cooking, friends!
- For the Crust:
- 1⅓ cup raw almonds
- ½ cup coconut shreds
- ¼ cup agave, honey or maple syrup
- For the Caramel:
- 1 heaping cup pitted dates
- ¼ cup + 1 Tbsp almond or coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp agave
- Nuts Topping:
- ~1/3 cup broken pecans, walnuts and/or other nut of choice
- Chocolate Drizzle:
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ Tbsp coconut oil
- For the Crust: In a food processor, process almonds, coconut and agave until the almonds become very fine and the mixture sticks together. Press mixture into the bottom of either a bread pan or 8x8 inch pan. Place in freezer.
- For the Caramel: Place all ingredients in food processor and process until creamy. You will probably have to stop and scrape down the sides a few times. Take the crust out of the freezer and spread caramel sauce over it evenly. Next, evenly place the nuts on top. Place back in the freezer.
- For the Chocolate Drizzle: In a small bowl, place the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Melt in the microwave, stirring every 15-30 seconds to make sure the chocolate doesn't burn! Once completely melted, take the bars out of the freezer and drizzle chocolate over the top.
- Keep the bars in the freezer until ready to serve because they can get messy! Enjoy 🙂