Prepare to be amazed. This Bruschetta with Roasted Garlic is AH-MAZING.
Bruschetta is a popular appetizer but I have never loved it like I feel I should- until now! This recipe pulls together the perfect combination of flavors that will leave you and your guests wanting more.
This recipe is a little different than traditional bruschetta. The tomatoes and basil are marinated in balsamic vinegar and the bread is toasted with a delicious mixture of olive oil and roasted garlic on top. The combination is perfect!
First, you will roast a head of garlic in the oven. When it is done, squeeze the garlic out of the skins.
Next you will mash the roasted garlic with olive oil. This is the mixture you will coat on the sliced french bread.
Spread the mixture on the bread and then toast the bread for 2-3 minutes on broil until browned on the edges!
For the topping, you will combine chopped tomato, basil, balsamic vinegar and salt. Let sit for at least 15 minutes to marinate and then it is ready to serve! You can serve it on the side with the prepared bread, or go ahead and top each piece and serve that way!
This bruschetta is fresh, flavorful and so pretty; perfect for serving to guests! Also, it can easily be prepared in advance. You will just want to make sure you wait to put the tomato mixture on the bread as soon as it is time to serve since it will make the bread soggy over time.
I hope you love this as much as I do and would love to know what you think!! Please share comments and pictures of how it turns out for you! Happy cooking, friends!
- 1 french baguette, cut into 24 pieces
- 1 head garlic
- 4 roma tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp balsalmic vinegar
- ⅓ cup packed basil
- ¼ tsp salt + more to taste if needed
- First, chop off the very bottom of the garlic head exposing the garlic cloves. Wrap the entire head in foil and place in the oven on 350 for 45 minutes.
- Next chop up tomatoes very fine and drain excess liquid. Chop up the basil and add to tomato's. Pour balsamic vinegar and salt over mixture and let marinate.
- When the garlic is done, let cool and then squeeze the inside out. It should be creamy. Mash the garlic and add olive oil. Spread the mixture evenly on each piece of bread. Place the bread in oven on low broil until toasted on the edges. Should take 2-3 minutes- watch very carefully to make sure it doesn’t burn!
- Serve the bread already covered in the tomato mixture OR serve like a dip with the prepared bread on the side.
If you like this recipe, here are some other delicious clean eating & dairy free appetizers you would enjoy!
Restaurant Style “Queso” (Dairy Free, Vegan & Paleo)
This bruschetta recipe is wonderful! Everyone loved it! Will definitely be making again!