Let me start by saying these Grain Free Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins are the BEST banana muffins I’ve ever had. And they’re paleo!!!! WHAT!! You’ll have to make them and see for yourself!
For the longest time, I didn’t have a go-to grain free muffin recipe. Even when I was completely paleo, I would make recipe after recipe looking for one that was moist with a smooth texture. That is the main reason I set out to make these beauties. I wanted to make them out of almond flour but without a grainy texture, so that was my main goal. These muffins have exceeded my expectations and are definitely a go-to muffin recipe in my kitchen now!
These muffins are completely guilt free and make the perfect breakfast or snack.
- naturally sweetened
- banana infused
- easy to make
- filled with chocolate chunks
- naturally gluten & grain free
- & perfectly satisfying!
I would love to know what you think!! Please share comments and pictures of how it turns out for you! Happy cooking, friends!
- 1½ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon (if you want a strong cinnamon taste you can double this)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed (~1 heaping cup)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips/chunks + more for topping (you can easily chop up a dark chocolate bar and chop it into chunks)
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut sugar, salt, cinnamon and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, mash your bananas and then add the coconut oil. Place in the microwave to melt the coconut oil (should take 1-2 minutes). Once melted, stir in the vanilla and pour over the dry mixture (don't stir yet).
- Next, crack and stir the eggs and the pour over the other mixture. Stir everything together until completely combined. Then add in the chocolate chips/chunks.
- Prepare your muffin tin with liners or coated with a thin layer of coconut oil to prevent sticking. Pour the batter evenly into 12 muffin tins. Top each muffin with extra chocolate chips/chunks.
- Bake the muffins in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. When done baking, let them sit until cooled completely. Enjoy!!
- Store in an air tight container and enjoy within 5 days (if they last that long!)
Made these for my two grandsons today and they were delicious! The boys loved them too! Love that they have healthy ingredients!
I’m so glad you all are enjoying them! 🙂