Prepare to be blown away at the amount of “cheesiness” in this cheese-less Restaurant Style “Queso!” This queso is:
- Mexican- style
..and so satisfying! If you are dairy free, this will meet all of your queso dreams! Not to mention it only takes about 20 minutes to make from start to finish! Lets get to it!
First, you will place all of your ingredients except the green chilis in a blender and blend until completely smooth. This should take about 1-2 minutes. Next, add in your chilis and blend for a few more seconds just to get them combined in tiny chunks. Pour the liquid into a small sauce pan and turn on medium-high heat. With a silicone spatula, stir while scraping the bottom constantly to prevent sticking. The mixture will begin to make small clumps like shown below.
Continue stirring and scraping the bottom. The mixture will clump up a lot before it becomes a consistent texture.
Once the mixture has thickened, take off the heat and continue to scrape the bottom until the pan has cooled down enough for the queso to not burn on the bottom.
Serve immediately & enjoy it with chips! This recipe is vegan and paleo! If you are Paleo, you can enjoy this with Paleo chips such as Siete Grain Free Tortilla Chips.
I would love to know what you think!! Please share comments and pictures of how it turns out for you! Happy cooking, friends!
- ½ cup cashews, soaked for 8 hours or boiled for ~7 minutes until soft
- 1 Tbsp tapioca Starch
- 1 Tbsp nutritional seasoning
- ½ tsp salt + more to taste
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp cumin
- ⅛ tsp chili powder
- ⅛ tsp paprika
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp green chili's (make sure it is just the flesh part, no peel!
- Place the first 10 ingredients in a blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Next, add the green chilis and blend for a few extra seconds to get them mixed in well.
- Pour the mixture into a small saucepan and turn on medium-high heat. Stir constantly with a silicone spatula, scraping the bottom to make sure it does not stick.
- The mixture will begin to clump up. Keep stirring and scraping the bottom until the mixture becomes a consistent thickness. Once the mixture is done, remove from heat and stir until the pan in cooled off enough for it to not stick or burn on the bottom.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Leave a Reply