I’m not sure about where you live, but in Huntsville, AL Spring has officially sprung- making me want some fresh greens! This Creamy Avocado & Spinach Pasta is packed with greens. It is easy to make and the perfect way to sneak some greens into your diet. I haven’t tested this recipe out on a kid, but I’m about 99% positive it would be kid approved! Even though it’s full of greens, somehow you can’t taste them very much! The flavors blend together so well it tastes like a flavorful cream sauce. Not to mention you can put this meal together in about 30 minutes, making it perfect for weeknights.
To begin you will cook your pasta. You can use any type: regular, chickpea, lentil, etc. You can easily make this recipe paleo by using zoodles!
Next, prepare your sauce in a food processor. You will start by processing your cashews, garlic clove and nutritional seasoning. Next you will add in the avocado, spinach, water and salt. Once creamy, add to the pasta and toss in the peas! Simple & delicious!
This pasta is great as a full meal or as a side. It will serve 2-3 full meals and about 5 sides.
I would love to know what you think!! Please share comments and pictures of how it turns out for you! Happy cooking, friends!
- 3½ cups dry pasta (use gluten free pasta if needed)
- ½ cup cashews
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 Tbsp nutritional seasoning
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup fresh spinach, packed tight
- ¼ cup water + more if needed
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ cup steamed green peas
- Pasta: Bring a pot of water to a boil and then place the pasta in. Cook according to instructions on box, usually for 10-12 minutes stirring occasionally. Once cooked, strain & set aside until sauce is ready.
- Sauce: In food processor, process the cashews, garlic clove and nutritional seasoning until very fine (about 20-30 seconds). Next, add the avocado, spinach, water and salt. Process until creamy. Add more water if needed for smooth consistency.
- Prepare: Gently stir the sauce into the pasta until combined. Garnish with the peas and serve immediately! Enjoy!
Did you use raw or roasted cashews? Or does it matter?
I use raw cashews! You could use roasted if thats all you have but I suggest using raw.