Happy Valentine’s Day, friends!! It’s time to dig into these decadent Mini Chocolate Cheesecakes! These are made with all whole ingredients while being plant based and gluten free with paleo and raw options available in the notes! They are the perfect sweet treat to make for Valentine’s Day- or really any other day of the year 😜
As you can see below, you can garnish them with whatever toppings you want! I did a variation of coconut flakes, melted dark chocolate, berries, cocoa nibs and swirled peanut butter. You can get creative with these and dress them up however you want! Let’s get to it!
First, you will make your crust and then cut out 12 4×4 inch X’s out of parchment or wax paper. I found that cutting the paper into an X shape is the best way to make sure you can get the cheesecakes out of the muffin tin pefectly when they are ready. Otherwise, it is easy to mess them up. Place the paper in each tin and then pack the filling in over it.
Next, you will make the creamy filling and pour it equally over all of the little crusts. Place in the fridge for about 30 minutes and then garnish! Keep in the fridge until ready to serve. They will stay firm for about 30-45 minutes after being taken out of the fridge.
If you want a faster version of this recipe, you can make it in a pie pan and pack the entire filling in the bottom and then pour the filling over it.
I would love to know what you think of this recipe!! Please share comments and pictures of how it turns out for you! Happy cooking, friends!
- ½ cup raw walnuts
- ½ cup raw almonds
- ½ cup gluten free oats
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup madjool dates
- ¼ cup cocoa
- ½ Tbsp coconut oil
- ¾ cup + 1 Tbsp maple syrup (can sub honey or agave)
- 1½ cups raw cashews, soaked for 6-8 hours
- 1 lemon, juiced (about ¼ cup)
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup coconut milk, full fat
- ¼ cup cocoa
- Optional: 2 Tbsp peanut buter
- Garnish: cocoa nibs, coconut flakes,melted dark chocolate, berries, whipped coconut cream and/or peanut butter.
- Place the walnuts, almonds, oats, coconut flakes, dates, cocoa, coconut oil and 1 Tbsp maple syrup in food processor. Process for 1-2 minutes until the mixture is fine. It should squish together when you press on it.
- With parchment or wax paper, cut 12 pieces about 4in x 4in. Cut out the corners to make an X on each one (see picture above for example).
- In a regular size muffin tin, place an X and then fill with crust mixture. Pack mixture with a spoon or your fingers to pack it in flat and tight. Repeat until all muffin tins are filled.
- To make the filling, place soaked cashews, lemon juice, coconut oil, coconut milk, ¾ cup maple syrup, cocoa and optional peanut butter in a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the filling over each crust until the filling has been poured over each of the equally.
- Place them in the fridge for 20-30 minutes so they will firm up.
- Now is your time to have fun! Top your cheesecakes with whichever garnishes you want and then place back in the fridge until you are ready to serve them. They should stay firm outside of the fridge for 30-45 minutes.
- Enjoy 🙂