Sweet, starchy and they make some of the best side dishes; who could not love sweet potatoes!? These Shredded Sweet Potatoes with Cranberries and Candied Walnuts are another one of those perfect side dishes, and did I mention it is HEALTHY!? This is a perfect substitution to sweet potato dishes with heavy cream, butter and sugar!
The ingredients in this recipe are whole and basic, leaving it healthier than most others. To start, sweet potatoes are high in antioxidants and vitamins, while being known as an anti-inflammatory and helping with blood sugar regulation. Walnuts are high in omega 3 fatty acids, antioxidants, and also known as an anti-inflammatory. And then cranberries are high in phytonutrients! These are just a few of the health benefits of each of these ingredients we are using in this recipe. This dish is one that your body will love and will leave you feeling great! 🙌🏻
SHOP THIS RECIPE
I would love to know what you think of these Shredded Sweet Potatoes with Cranberries and Candied Walnuts!! Please share comments and pictures of how it turns out for you! Happy cooking, friends!
- To make the candied walnuts, preheat oven to 375° F. Place the walnuts, ½ Tbsp coconut oil, and maple syrup in a sauce pan on medium high heat and stir until the liquid begins to bubble up (about 3-4 minutes). Pour the mixture on a lined baking sheet and sprinkle with a dash of salt. Bake for 8 minutes and then let cool for about 20 minutes.
- While the walnuts are baking, wash and peel sweet potatoes and cut them in half hamburger style (so that they will fit in the food processor). Prepare your food processor with the shredder blade and then shred the sweet potatoes.
- In a large pan on medium heat, melt 3 Tbsp of coconut oil. Add the shredded sweet potato and water. Sauté for 15-20 minutes, until sweet potatoes are very tender.
- Next, stir in the dried cranberries and cinnamon and garnish with the candied walnuts.
- This is best served immediately, but will last in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
*This post contains affiliate links, which allows me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Cook up Love!