Behold the Green Goddess Salad! This salad is a mix of greens with radishes, carrots, celery, spiced chickpeas and pepitas topped with a delicious balsamic honey mustard dressing.
I have had multiple requests for a good salad recipe and realized I didn’t have a go-to salad! How can that be? It took multiple tries for me to perfect this one, and this beauty is what I came up with! This salad is great on its own as a light meal, as well as being a great side salad. Fresh and flavorful yet just simple enough to enjoy everyday. This salad is colorful and packed with plant based protein and fiber.
After creating this salad, I am motivated to create more simple and unique salads that would also be good as everyday salads- so be on the lookout!
If you make this salad, I would love to know what you think!! Please share comments and pictures of how it turns out for you! Happy cooking, friends!
- 7-8 cups fresh greens
- ½ cups carrot, thinly sliced
- ½ cup red radish, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup celery, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup roasted & salted pepitas
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup mayo
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- ½ Tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 Tbsp balsamic Vinegar
- ½ Tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- On a baking sheet, pour out the drained can of chickpeas and pat them with a towel to dry. Coat them with the olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss together the greens, carrots, radishes, celery and pepitas.
- For the dressing, mix together the mayo, dijon mustard, maple syrup, balsamic vinegar and water until creamy.
- Once the chickpeas are done cooking, add them to the salad mixture.
- Finally, add the dressing.
- Enjoy 🙂
This should keep in the fridge for a day or two before it gets soggy. If you know you will only eat part of it, wait to put the dressing on it until you are ready to eat.
Leave a Reply