Friends, behold this DELICIOUS Healthy Spinach Artichoke Dip.
If you like traditional spinach artichoke dip- this is for you!! It is easy to make and you can whip it up in a flash! It only takes about 15 minutes to make. And did I mention it is a healthier take on the traditional dip!? This is a must try!
The base of this recipe is cashews, which are commonly used in dairy-free recipes because when blended they make a creamy, cheese like texture.
Here it is!
I would love to know what you think!! Please share comments and pictures of how it turns out for you! Happy cooking, friends!
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ⅓ cup mayo (recipe here)
- 1 Tbsp. artichoke marinade (liquid from the jar of marinated artichokes)
- ½ Tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ Tbsp. nutritional yeast seasoning
- ¼ tsp salt
- Dash of pepper
- 1 12 oz jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 4 cups packed fresh spinach (about 4 oz)
- Soak cashews in water for 6 hours or boil for about 8 minutes until soft.
- Place cashews, mayo, artichoke marinade, lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powder, nutritional seasoning, salt and pepper in a food processor OR a high speed blender with a press*. Blend for about 1-2 minutes, until the cashews are mostly blended up. It is ok if there are tiny pieces of cashews left over.
- Add spinach and artichokes and blend another 1-2 minutes until they are mixed in well and in small pieces. If using a blender, you will have to use your press to push them down to incorporate and get them blended in.
- Serve with pita chips or toasted bread. If you want to serve the dip warm, bake on 350 for about 15-20 minutes. It should stay good for about 5-6 days in the fridge (if it lasts that long 😉