I am bringing you this Pineapple Ginger Tea recipe with a lot of excitement today because it’s as good as gold! This tea is homemade with only 5 ingredients: water, fresh pineapple, fresh ginger root, lemon juice and sweetener (if needed). Pineapple Ginger Tea is perfect for many occasions, and would especially be great over the holidays to serve to guests! It’s a “prep-and-dump” kinda recipe which is my favorite- you simply add all of the ingredients to a pot and let it boil for 45 minutes until it’s done!
I have always been a fan of homemade lemon ginger tea, but adding in the pineapple takes away some of the spiciness of the ginger and adds a delicious sweetness to it. I think this is what makes the recipe so great for serving to others because not everyone likes or is used to ginger flavor. The main flavor in this tea is pineapple, with a subtle ginger and lemon flavor.
Pineapple Ginger Tea also comes along with many health benefits which you can read about here and here. But to sum it up, here are some of their highlights! Between the pineapple and ginger, this tea helps:
- promote better digestion & relieve gastrointestinal irritation
- reduce and treat inflammation
- boost the immune system
- give cold and flu relief (In this case, make the whole recipe and drink it all!)
- reduce water retention
- boost metabolism and aid in weight loss
I am a HUGE believer in the healing powers of ginger! If I feel the least bit sick, it’s the first thing I go to and I can seriously tell a difference after consuming it- whether it’s fresh or in tea.
I would love to know what you think of this Pineapple Ginger Tea!! Please share comments and pictures of how it turns out for you! Happy cooking, friends!
- 10 cups filtered water
- ½ Fresh Large Pineapple, chopped into 6-8 large pieces
- 1 piece of Ginger about 2in x 1in
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Sweetener of choice
- In a large pot, place water, pineapple pieces and ginger and turn to medium/high heat. Bring to a soft boil and let simmer for 45 min.
- Next, turn off the heat and stir in the lemon juice and sweetener.
- Serve immediately or keep warm until serving.