I’m here to make your Tuesday a little better with these AMAZING Pecan Crusted and Baked Chicken Tenders! Let me just say there is something magical about this pecan crust. It has the most comforting and savory flavor, all while being grain free, dairy free and super healthy! It is definitely a new favorite in my home. There are only 7 ingredients and 30-40 minutes standing in between you and these hot, delicious tenders! They are a quick and healthy dinner that your family and friends are sure to LOVE!
The chicken is the ingredient that will vary the most since all chicken pieces come in different sizes. The recipe calls for an average chicken tender size, but you can really make them as big or small as you’d like. If you like nuggets better- then make them nugget sized! You will just have to watch very closely to make sure you don’t over cook them. If you make large tenders- make sure you cook them a little longer.
You can easily make the pecan crust ahead of time and keep it stored in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. If you know you’ll be making these that’s a great way to save time.
Something I love about this recipe is that since the tenders take about 15 minutes to cook, that gives you time to quickly clean up your kitchen and prep any sides if needed! It can be a very simple and quick meal if you want it to be- just prepare quick and easy sides such as canned green beans, fresh veggies, fruit or side salads.
This recipe really only has a few steps!
The first is to process the pecans, nutritional seasoning and spices until they form a fine meal like pictured above.
Next, you will first dip the chicken in egg, then in pecan meal, then place on baking sheet and bake until cooked through! It’s that simple!
I would love to know what you think of these Pecan Crusted and Baked Chicken Tenders!! Please share comments and pictures of how it turns out for you! Happy cooking, friends!
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, process pecans, nutritional seasoning, salt, garlic powder and oregano until it becomes a fine meal. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- Beat egg in a bowl and set aside.
- To prepare the chicken, dip each piece of chicken first into the egg mixture until coated, then in the pecan mixture until coated evenly and then set on the lined baking sheet. Repeat until all of the tenders are coated.
- Place chicken in preheated oven and let bake for 13-18 minutes. The amount of time they will take to bake largely depends on the size of your chicken tenders. Mine took 15 minutes. You can tell they are done when white all the way through and any juice that comes out of them should be clear/white- it should not have a pink tint to it.
*This post contains affiliate links, which allows me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Cook up Love!