Simple. Less than 30 minutes. Delicious. Healthy. Flavorful.
This Creamy Herbed Chicken Skillet is the perfect weeknight OR weekend meal! This is one of my favorite chicken recipes I’ve ever had. You know it’s good when your husband says “We should have this meal once a week!” 😂 Give it a try, friends. You will LOVE it!
First, you begin by pan frying your chicken breasts in olive oil with onion and garlic powder. Once cooked through, remove from the skillet to make the sauce.
The sauce is a simmered mixture of minced garlic, fresh & dried herbs, almond or cashew milk and cornstarch (as a thickener). Once finished, add in the chicken and viola!
This recipe is perfect over rice, quinoa, or any other grain of choice. It’s also great with any side of cooked vegetables and/or fruits.
This recipe takes about 20 minutes from start to finish- and about 30 minutes once you add on time preparing sides.
You should make this recipe because it’s:
- full of fresh flavors
- super fast & easy to make
- a crowd pleaser
- & makes DELICIOUS left overs
I would love to know what you think!! Please share comments and pictures of how it turns out for you! Happy cooking, friends!
- For the chicken:
- 4 chicken breasts
- ½ Tbsp onion powder
- ½ Tbsp garlic powder
- 1.5 Tbsp olive oil
- For the sauce:
- 1.5 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (or ½ Tbsp)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch mixed with 2 Tbsp water
- 1¼ cups almond or cashew milk
- First, if you plan on serving this over any grains, I would go ahead and get that started first since this recipe will come together rather quickly.
- For the chicken: Evenly coat the 4 chicken breasts in onion powder and garlic powder. Place in a skillet with olive oil on medium/high heat and cook on both sides until cooked through with no pink left. Once cooked through, take out of skillet and set aside.
- For the sauce: First, have milk and cornstarch mixture on the side of the stove ready to go. Place olive oil, minced garlic, salt, and herbs in the skillet and cook on medium/high heat until fragrant (about 1 minute). Then, add the milk and stir until it comes to a simmer. While stirring constantly, drizzle in the cornstarch mixture. Stir until thickened and turn off heat.
- Add the chicken to the sauce and then serve immediately. This recipe is great served over grains with fresh vegetables and fruit. Enjoy 🙂