This 10- Minute Berry Chia Seed Jam is a game changer! Friends, this jam is a MUST try! I don’t think I will ever go back to regular jellies or jams after this! After JR tried it for the first time he said, “It tastes like strawberry pie without the pie!” It’s THAT good!
I have always stayed away from jams and jellies because I know they are packed with highly processed cane sugar. When I add extra sugar into my diet regularly I gain weight very quickly! But now… I can enjoy it regularly! This recipe is made with only 3 ingredients: strawberries, a little honey or maple syrup, and chia seeds. Guilt free and even healthy 🙌🏼
This jam is quick, easy & SO much healthier than regular jams and jellies!
It also has a much better flavor than regular jams. I’m thinking that’s because it is cooked quickly, so it keeps a very fresh and natural flavor. It takes only 10 minutes to make, and I promise it will impress literally anyone!
This jam is perfect for serving over yogurt, french toast, pancakes, desserts, biscuits, crepes, etc! The uses are endless. It would also be great mixed in with a glaze over meat or into a salad dressing.
To begin you will wash and prepare your berries. For blueberries, raspberries and blackberries you will not have to chop them up since they are already small. For strawberries, take the stems off and chop into small pieces.
Place your berries in a small saucepan with 2 Tbsp maple syrup on medium heat.
Stir the mixture until it begins to bubble and get very warm. That should take 3-4 minutes. Once the berries are softened, use a potato masher to mash the berries into small pieces. You can make them as large or small as you want.
Once mashed, stir the mixture for just 1-2 more minutes. Then, turn the heat off and add 2 Tbsp chia seeds. Stir for about 2 more minutes until the mixture has thickened.
I have no doubt you will LOVE this recipe!! I can’t wait to hear what you think! Please share comments and pictures of how it turns out for you! Happy cooking!!
- 2 cups fresh berries
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- Wash and prepare the berries: First, wash and prepare your berries. For blueberries, raspberries and blackberries you will not have to chop them up since they are already small. For strawberries, take the stems off and chop into small pieces.
- Cook and Mash: Place your berries in a small saucepan with 2 Tbsp maple syrup on medium heat. Stir until berries are soft all the way through (about 3 min). With a potato masher, mash the berries. You can mash them as much or as little as you want depending on how chunky you want your jam. Keep stirring another 1-2 minutes until excess liquid has cooked out.
- Add the chia seeds: Turn off the heat and add the chia seeds. Stir until the mixture thickens and then you're done!
- Serve the jam warm or put in the fridge to eat at a later date. Store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 1 week. Enjoy!!