Get ready to fall in love. This recipe will make all of your salad dreams come true! Let me introduce you to this DELICIOUS Cajun Shrimp Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing.
This salad is full of so much flavor that all pairs perfectly together. Not to mention it is colorful and beautiful! It is a wonderful entrée, especially served with fresh bread, extra corn on the cob or a baked potato.
You begin with a large bed of lettuce and top it with roasted corn, purple onion, avocado, tomatoes and sautéed cajun shrimp. The dressing has a cilantro and tangy taste that pulls it all together perfectly.
I would love to know what you think!! Please share comments and pictures of how it turns out for you! Happy cooking, friends!
- For the Shrimp:
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1½ cup corn kernels (or from 2 ears, roasted on 400 degrees F for 30 minutes)
- 2 avocados, pitted and sliced
- ¼-1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 8-9 cups lettuce of choice
- Cilantro Lime Dressing:
- Juice of 2 limes (4 Tbsp.)
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Tbsp mayo
- 1 bundle of cilantro, finely chopped (~1/2 cup, packed)
- ½ tsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp salt
- For the Shrimp: Peel your shrimp and place them in a large pan with 1 Tbsp olive oil. In a small bowl, combine and mix together all of the spices listed above. Sprinkle the spice mixture over the shrimp and turn on medium/high heat. Let them cook until completely pink all the way through ( should take about 10- 12 minutes)
- For the Salad: Clean and chop the lettuce. Top with prepared shrimp, tomatoes, corn, avocado, red onion.
- For the Dressing: Chop the cilantro very fine and combine with all the other dressing ingredients. Once combined, serve over the salad.