Looking for the perfect week night recipe that also makes delicious left overs!? Look no further! These Roasted Veggies with Quinoa are flavorful, simple & take less than 30 minutes to make!
If you are the type of person that does not want to have the exact same meal for left overs- this recipe is perfect for you. It is a mix of roasted broccoli, carrots, onions, garlic, turmeric & mushrooms. This recipe tastes delicious by itself, but you can also add in your own toppings each time to make it taste different. Here are some optional things to add in: soy sauce, tamari sauce, liquid aminos, coconut aminos, crushed cashews, almonds, or pumpkin seeds, nutritional seasoning, or crushed red pepper. You cannot go wrong with this recipe!!
I would love to know what you think!! Please share comments and pictures of how it turns out for you! Happy cooking, friends!
- For the Quinoa:
- 1 cup dry Quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- Dash of salt
- For the Veggies:
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 heaping cup chopped carrots
- ½ white onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 Tbsp tumeric, chopped into small pieces
- 1½ cup white button top mushrooms, chopped
- 1 Tbsp melted Ccoconut oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- For the Quinoa: Add the quinoa, water, vegetable broth and dash of salt to medium pot on medium high heat, covered. When it begins to simmer, turn the heat down to low and keep on low for 10-15 minutes until the quinoa is fluffy and there is no liquid left in the bottom. Keep covered until ready to serve.
- For the Veggies: Chop all of your veggies and place them on a large baking sheet. Pour the coconut oil over them and with your hands, mix in to make sure all of the veggies are coated. Sprinkle the salt and garlic powder over them and place in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve the veggies over the quinoa and enjoy 🙂