Behold the Green Goddess Salad! This salad is a mix of greens with radishes, carrots, celery, spiced chickpeas and pepitas topped with a delicious balsamic honey mustard dressing.
I have had multiple requests for a good salad recipe and realized I didn’t have a go-to salad! How can that be? It took multiple tries for me to perfect this one, and this beauty is what I came up with! This salad is great on its own as a light meal, as well as being a great side salad. Fresh and flavorful yet just simple enough to enjoy everyday. This salad is colorful and packed with plant based protein and fiber.
After creating this salad, I am motivated to create more simple and unique salads that would also be good as everyday salads- so be on the lookout!
If you make this salad, I would love to know what you think!! Please share comments and pictures of how it turns out for you! Happy cooking, friends!
- 7-8 cups fresh greens
- ½ cups carrot, thinly sliced
- ½ cup red radish, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup celery, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup roasted & salted pepitas
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup mayo
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- ½ Tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 Tbsp balsamic Vinegar
- ½ Tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- On a baking sheet, pour out the drained can of chickpeas and pat them with a towel to dry. Coat them with the olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss together the greens, carrots, radishes, celery and pepitas.
- For the dressing, mix together the mayo, dijon mustard, maple syrup, balsamic vinegar and water until creamy.
- Once the chickpeas are done cooking, add them to the salad mixture.
- Finally, add the dressing.
- Enjoy 🙂
This should keep in the fridge for a day or two before it gets soggy. If you know you will only eat part of it, wait to put the dressing on it until you are ready to eat.